Barchester are recruiting an Accounts Assistant to our Inverness office. In this varied role you will produce an accurate set of management accounts on a monthly basis for a group of Nursing Homes, and perform relevant nominal ledger reconciliations. You will also assist the Project Accountant with financial system maintenance, upgrades and new implementations. This is a temporary 15 month position.
NEED TO HAVE:
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience working within an accounting environment.
• Educated to HNC/HND level in a relevant subject or able to demonstrate a high level of relevant experience and expertise.
• Exceptional organisational skills.
• Experience of working to deadlines.
NEED TO DO:
• Review and analyse all P&L transactions, and post any corrective transactions through the nominal ledger.
• Review general expenditure for a group of care/nursing homes in consultation with the home Administrator.
• Process through the nominal ledger any necessary accruals and prepayments including the monthly payroll accrual.
• Responsibility for posting monthly hours and home occupancy.
• Perform all balance sheet reconciliations for a group of homes including bank and personal allowances, trade debtor, and resident and staff funds.
• Working with home Administrators and Managers to resolve and avoid inaccuracies.
• Assist with system implementations and financial system maintenance and upgrades.
• Reconcile designated supplier statements.
Barchester are the only care provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in 2019 and 2020. If you are looking for a new role where your contribution to supporting the provision of exceptional care will be recognised, this is an extremely rewarding opportunity.