Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
Herne Place Care Home, 2 Parkland Road, Herne Bay, Kent, CT6 5DN
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Administration Manager at this brand new Barchester care home, you will be responsible for ensuring that the administration function of the home runs both efficiently and effectively; working closely with the General Manager in three key business areas; Finance, Human Resources and Customer Experience.
Opening in autumn 2019 in the beautiful Sovereign Harbour area of Eastbourne, Barchester’s newest care home has been specifically designed to provide quality enhanced residential care for older people and those living with dementia. The care home will provide a warm, homely and friendly environment for 80 residents. Its dedicated Memory Lane community, which supports residents living with dementia, will offer everything from a sensory garden through to activity kitchens. This is your opportunity to make this first-class home a success from day one.
As first point of contact, the Administration Manager will provide a great first impression of the care home and ensure that a 5-star experience is maintained and delivered throughout to the highest standards for all our employees, relatives, residents and visitors.
The role of an Administration Manager at Barchester is varied and duties include:
• Producing invoices and completing the sales ledger process through to collection of revenue, including credit control, managing the purchase ledger and petty cash
• Managing the homes budget in conjunction with the General Manager, reviewing expenditure and cost control, revenue and having an understanding of management accounts review
• Producing accurate information on hours worked and liaising with the payroll department, as per company timescales for payment of wages
• Responsibility for the recruitment and on-boarding process, creating a great employee experience
• Ensuring efficient and accurate contractual management
• Responsibility for the day to day application of HR procedures and processes, specifically sickness and holiday management and ‘family friendly’ policies
• Promoting and administering the Company’s benefits, rewards and recognition and wellbeing schemes in the Care Home.
• Being an advocate for great customer experience, leading your direct reports to act as customer facing front of house team members
• Managing your team to ensure company deadlines are met
• Managing the admission process from enquiry through to completion of contractual documentation, liaising with Local Authorities and Clinical Commissioning groups and outside agencies.
To join Barchester as an Administration Manager you will ideally need to have at least two or more of the following:
• AAT or equivalent
• NVQ Level 3 in Administration
• Certificate in Personnel Practice
• Experience with issuing offers of employment and processing pre-employment checks
• Previous experience of working with another healthcare provider.
As well as a competitive salary, Barchester offers one of the best rewards packages in the care sector. Your generous benefits would include:
• Free learning and development
• Automatic enrolment into our profit share scheme
• A range of holiday, retail and leisure discounts
• Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme.
You’ll also have plenty of opportunity to grow your career in a large organisation with a warm and supportive environment. If you have the qualities and experience required for this exciting role, are looking for a new challenge and want to work within an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.