Ouse View Care Home, Ouse View, Fulford, York, Yorkshire and the Humber, YO19 4QT
Up to £30,000.00 per annum
7th October 2019
2nd December 2019
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK 5 DAYS OVER A 7 DAY PERIOD (THIS WILL INCLUDE ALTERNATIVE WEEKENDS)
Barchester is opening a Brand New Care Home in York
The 64 Bedded Residential Care Home will be opening Spring 2020 in Fulford, a historic village and civil parish on the outskirts of York, 2 miles to the south of the city, on the east bank of the River Ouse.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Administration Manager at this brand new Barchester care home, you will be responsible for ensuring that the administration function of the home runs both efficiently and effectively; working closely with the General Manager in three key business areas; Finance, Human Resources and Customer Experience.
As first point of contact, the Administration Manager will provide a great first impression of the care home and ensure that a 5-star experience is maintained and delivered throughout to the highest standards for all our employees, relatives, residents and visitors.
The role of an Administration Manager at Barchester is varied and duties include:
• Producing invoices and completing the sales ledger process through to collection of revenue, including credit control, managing the purchase ledger and petty cash
• Managing the homes budget in conjunction with the General Manager, reviewing expenditure and cost control, revenue and having an understanding of management accounts review
• Producing accurate information on hours worked and liaising with the payroll department, as per company timescales for payment of wages
• Responsibility for the recruitment and on-boarding process, creating a great employee experience
• Ensuring efficient and accurate contractual management
• Responsibility for the day to day application of HR procedures and processes, specifically sickness and holiday management and ‘family friendly’ policies
• Promoting and administering the Company’s benefits, rewards and recognition and wellbeing schemes in the Care Home.
• Being an advocate for great customer experience, leading your direct reports to act as customer facing front of house team members
• Managing your team to ensure company deadlines are met
• Managing the admission process from enquiry through to completion of contractual documentation, liaising with Local Authorities and Clinical Commissioning groups and outside agencies.
To join Barchester as an Administration Manager you will ideally need to have at least two or more of the following:
• AAT or equivalent
• NVQ Level 3 in Administration
• Certificate in Personnel Practice
• Experience with issuing offers of employment and processing pre-employment checks
• Previous experience of working with another healthcare provider.
As well as a competitive salary, Barchester offers one of the best rewards packages in the care sector. Your generous benefits would include:
• Free learning and development
• Automatic enrolment into our profit share scheme
• A range of holiday, retail and leisure discounts
• Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme.
You’ll also have plenty of opportunity to grow your career in a large organisation with a warm and supportive environment. If you have the qualities and experience required for this exciting role, are looking for a new challenge and want to work within an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.