Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
Fountains Care Home, 1355 Stratford Road, Shirley, Solihull, B90 4EF
Are you an experienced Administrator with a strong financial background looking to excel in a challenging and more rewarding position where you can truly make a difference?
Administrators at Barchester are a vital part of each home’s management team, providing the General Manager with the support they require to ensure the running of a high quality and commercially successful home.
Our Administrators are relied upon to ensure income and outgoings are timely, effective, and accurately recorded, so strong commercial acumen is key to this position. You will provide HR advice to your General Manager as well as home-based staff, and supervise junior members of the administration team
Here at Barchester, we work with an open, honest, supportive approach, where quality of care is at the heart of everything we do. As sector leading healthcare experts, we are proud to have the highest quality ratings across our 224 homes and hospitals across the UK.
Barchester have proudly been awarded a two-star outstanding rating by Best Companies, ranked 11th in the top 20 Best Health & Social Care Companies to work for and 14th in the Top 25 Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK.
NEED TO HAVE
• Good level of numeracy skills
• Strong commercial acumen
• Experience within credit control, invoice chasing, purchase/sales ledgers, payroll, management accounts
• Administration experience
• Proficient user of Microsoft- specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
• AAT/NVQ Level 2 in Administration would be beneficial
NEED TO DO
• Support the General Manager to provide accurate financial information to central accounts team
• Check Management Accounts are correct, understand implications
• Ensure aged debt is collected and managed appropriately, encouraging timely payment of client accounts
• Promote a warm and welcoming environment for residents, families, and Barchester staff
• Ensure rota’s are complete
• Complete employment checks and payroll for home-based staff
• Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude both over the telephone and in person
• Supervise and support the home’s administration team
• Manage safe contents
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
• Unlimited access to our generous refer a friend scheme, earning up to £500* per referral
• Access to a wide range of retail and leisure discounts at big brands and supermarkets
• Free access to medical specialists, who are available for a second opinion if you need it to make a decision with confidence
• Confidential and free access to counselling and legal services
• Tax code review service, where we will check that you are on the right code and paying the right level of tax
• Option to join our monthly staff lottery alongside thousands of colleagues across the UK
*Terms & conditions apply
If you would like to use your finance and administrative skills in an organisation that truly values your contribution whilst providing exceptional quality care, Barchester is the place to be.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.