Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
Briardene, West Avenue, Billingham, Cleveland, TS23 1DA
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Care Assistant at a Barchester complex care home, you’ll help residents enjoy each day by making sure they get the quality care they deserve. We’ll look to you to support our residents with a variety of needs, including advanced or young onset dementia, multiple sclerosis, neuro rehab and Huntington’s disease.
Our residents need highly specialised care to get the most out of life, and you’ll be there deliver that by assisting with daily living, providing support and companionship – and sharing great moments and memories too. Every day will be different, so you can expect to undertake work that’s as varied as it is rewarding. As a Care Assistant, you could be doing anything from supporting residents with their food and drink and following care plans to ensuring that each of our residents has one-to-one time.
With our newly refurbished units, welcoming atmosphere and extremely supportive management, this is the ideal environment to bring your dedication and compassion to. It’s an opportunity to put your skills to meaningful use and make the most of the career pathway we can offer you.
To join us as a Care Assistant in complex care, you’ll need to have some experience of caring for older people, a can-do approach and excellent communication skills. Your empathy and warm-hearted approach will shine through, but above all, you’ll have the compassion needed to deliver the highest standard of care and support for all our residents. In return we'll provide all the training you need to thrive.
• Rewarding Excellence bonus, meaning you will be financially rewarded by up to £500* for a Good or Outstanding CQC inspection
• Unlimited access to our generous refer a friend scheme, earning up to £500* per referral
• Access to a wide range of retail and leisure discounts at big brands and supermarkets
• Free access to medical specialists, who are available for a second opinion if you need it to make a decision with confidence
• Confidential and free access to counselling and legal services
• Tax code review service, where we will check that you are on the right code and paying the right level of tax
• Option to join our monthly staff lottery alongside thousands of colleagues across the UK
• Career development opportunities
*Terms & conditions apply
If you’d like to use your clinical and people skills in an organisation that provides the quality care you’d expect for your loved ones, this is a rewarding and empowering place to be.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.