Mount Tryon Care Home, Higher Warberry Road, Torquay, Devon, TQ1 1RR
Up to £9.00 per hour
9th January 2020
7th February 2020
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you a qualified Chef looking for more of a work life balance and the opportunity to make what you do matter?
Joining Barchester as a Chef, you will help deliver first class restaurant quality food, all whilst having a work life balance.
As a Chef at Barchester, you will have the opportunity to work with fresh seasonal produce, create dishes that look and taste delicious whilst ensure they are nutritious and cater for every individual’s tastes and dietary needs.
We look for chefs to join us who enjoy delivering person centred hospitality and chefs who take pride and passion in their role.
Barchester is the only healthcare provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for by the Best Companies b-Heard Survey
• A personable approach with a genuine interest in the wellbeing of residents
• A good understanding of nutrition
• Experience of working with fresh seasonal food
• NVQ/SVQ level 2/3 or City & Guilds equivalent
• Basic food hygiene
• Ability to create a warm and welcoming environment within our home
• Confidence engaging with residents to create appetising menus
• Experience supporting a Head Chef to manage all aspects of the kitchen, including controlling the budget and leading the catering team.
Work life balance - working as a bank chef to help cover day shifts as and when required
Barchester have over 200 Homes and Hospitals across the UK and can offer great career opportunities
Free learning and development
Opportunity to showcase your talent at the annual Barchester Hospitality Awards
Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme
If you are a passionate chef who is keen to be part of a company that centres on celebrating life and making a difference, Barchester is the place to be.