Alice Grange Care Home, Ropes Drive, Isidores Road Kesgrave, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP5 2GA
Up to £11.00 per hour
31st August 2019
22nd September 2019
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you a qualified Chef looking for more of a work life balance and the opportunity to make what you do matter? Do you take pride in your role and understand that good food plays a big part in all our lives? Are you a passionate Chef who enjoys delivering person centred hospitality?
As a Second Chef at Barchester, you will have the opportunity to work with fresh seasonal produce and deliver first class restaurant quality food, all whilst having a work life balance.
Barchester is the only healthcare provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for by the Best Companies b-Heard Survey
• A personable approach with a genuine interest in the wellbeing of residents
• A good understanding of nutrition
• Experience of working with fresh seasonal food
• NVQ/SVQ level 2/3 or City & Guilds equivalent
• Basic food hygiene
• Ability to create a warm and welcoming environment within our home
• Confidence engaging with residents to create appetising menus
• Experience supporting a Head Chef to manage all aspects of the kitchen, including controlling the budget and leading the catering team.
• Work life balance - working days with alternate weekends
• Free learning and development
• Automatic enrolment into our profit share scheme
• A range of holiday, retail and leisure discounts
• Opportunity to showcase your talent at the annual Barchester Hospitality Awards
• Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme
If you are a passionate chef who is keen to be part of a company that centres on celebrating life and making a difference, Barchester is the place to be.