Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
National, N/A, UK, National
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Clinical Trainer with Barchester, you’ll make sure the people working across our care homes and hospitals have the clinical training they need to provide the best in person-centred care for our residents and patients. As a Clinical Trainer, you will be responsible to coordinate, deliver, monitor, support and evaluate all aspects of Barchester’s clinical training programmes.
This role is homebased and involves nationwide travel on a regular basis, so access to good road and rail links would be an advantage and a positive attitude towards supporting our services across the country is essential. As an organisation, we put a huge emphasis on training and development, and you’ll be pivotal in ensuring our provision is always second to none.
This is a demanding but incredibly rewarding role that will see you delivering exceptional training and, in turn, having a lasting impact on the lives of our teams, our residents and our patients.
NEED TO HAVE
• Current NMC registration
• Learning & Development qualification, EAT level 3 or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience within clinical workplace including care homes
• Minimum of 1 years’ experience of delivering clinical workshops
• Good verbal and written skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a passion for providing excellent customer service
• Strong facilitation skills, with the ability to provide engaging workshops
• Up to date knowledge of clinical subjects i.e. Tissue Viability, Medication, clinical risk assessment
• A positive attitude and a willingness to learn and improve
• Full UK driving licence
NEED TO DO
• Support the Head of Learning Programmes in all aspects of the on-going development of clinical programmes.
• Deliver clinical workshops that build the knowledge and skills of Nurses, Trainee Care Practitioners and Senior Carers
• Develop clinical workshops that provide robust solutions to learning and development needs
• Support the Care Practitioner Programme in the application processes, induction, clinical mentors, progression of learners and completion
• Evaluate the Care Practitioner Programme to ensure that the programme is fit for purpose and provides learners with the knowledge and skills required to undertake the role
• Work with Senior Managers to identify homes that would benefit for the Senior Carer Programme
• Deliver clinical workshops in all new build homes in harmony with other trainers in the business
• Conduct regular quality assurance visits to monitor internal first aid provision
• Support and monitor the progress of Student Nurses as required
Alongside a competitive salary, we are offering an impressive benefits package, including:
• 10% corporate bonus
• Company car, laptop, mobile
• Contributory pension scheme
• 25 days annual leave
As the only healthcare provider to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in the UK, Barchester are dedicated to ensuring that our team are respected and their contribution valued. If you are looking to develop a career with an employer that is supportive and offers progression opportunities, Barchester is an empowering and rewarding place to be.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.