Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
Billingham Grange Independent Hospital, High Grange Avenue, Billingham, Cleveland, TS23 3TY
Billingham Grange provides treatment and care for individuals experiencing enduring mental health illness and behaviour that may challenge. It is a 50-bedded Independent Hospital with three age and gender-specific wards. Our admission criteria is for working- age adults with enduring and progressive mental disorder, acquired brain injury, cognitive impairment, complex and challenging behaviour and forensic step-down.
The Billingham Grange provides treatment and care under the provision of the Mental Health Act, DoLS, or as an Informal Patient. Treatment and care pathways are formulated, delivered and reviewed by a highly skilled Multi-disciplinary Team.
The hospital currently has a CQC rating of 'Outstanding'!
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Consultant Psychiatrist at a Barchester independent mental health hospital, you’ll make sure we deliver the best clinical care for our patients. We’ll look to you to take responsibility for our older adult patients and see that they receive holistic, person-centred care based on the recovery model. Day-to-day, that means you could be doing ward rounds, supervising referrals and admissions, or evaluating and developing our services alongside the hospital leadership team.
Our multidisciplinary team will rely on your psychiatrist perspective on patient assessment, formulation and treatment. You’ll supervise their work, focusing on junior medical staff, and help out with in-house training programmes and Continuing Professional Development (CPD). As a Consultant Psychiatrist, you’ll make a real impact here – not only on our patients’ lives, but the lives and careers of your team.
You’ll have a recognised medical degree, MRCPpsych (or equivalent) and full GMC registration to join us as a Consultant Psychiatrist. We’ll also look for your eligibility for Section 12 approval and inclusion on the Specialist Register (or equivalent) in general adult psychiatry – or eligibility within six months of your interview. You’ll have significant experience of assessing and treating patients in a psychiatric setting, as well as clinical auditing, risk assessment and management knowledge.
It’s also important that you’re able to communicate with a multidisciplinary team and support them to maintain the standard of care. That means you’ll deal well with pressure, keep staff morale high and encourage best practice. You’ll have a clean, full driving licence to be able to travel between work sites when necessary.
• Automatic enrolment in our unique profit share scheme, where you will share in the commercial success of your care home
• Rewarding Excellence bonus, meaning you will be financially rewarded by up to £500* for a Good or Outstanding CQC inspection
• Unlimited access to our generous refer a friend scheme, earning up to £500* per referral
• Access to a wide range of retail and leisure discounts at big brands and supermarkets
• Free access to medical specialists, who are available for a second opinion if you need it to make a decision with confidence
• Confidential and free access to counselling and legal services
• Tax code review service, where we will check that you are on the right code and paying the right level of tax
• Option to join our monthly staff lottery alongside thousands of colleagues across the UK
• Access to the RCNi portal, with over 200 evidence-based modules which you can add to your PIN revalidation
• Opportunity to experience senior clinical leadership, professional support, and career development opportunities
*Terms & conditions apply
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.