Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
Alice Grange Care Home, Ropes Drive, Isidores Road Kesgrave, Ipswich, Suffolk, IP5 2GA
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and proactive individual to play a fundamental role in the shaping of a fantastic customer experience for all our residents in the role of Customer Experience and Wellbeing Lead.
The ideal candidate will be supportive of Barchester’s vision and core values, where the residents wellbeing is key to enriching their life in our homes. Delivering projects and strategies to senior directors and the board, this vital role is pivotal in enhancing our residents lives and their journey living with us. This position will require frequent travel across England, Wales, and Scotland, working cross functionally with many areas of the business, and measuring the impact of projects and initiatives against performance indicators.
Barchester is the third largest leading healthcare provider in the UK with a portfolio of over 240 homes and hospitals. We continue to grow, develop and expand year on year and have the fastest growing new builds programme with 10 new care homes being built and opened every year.
The Barchester family have proudly been awarded a two-star outstanding rating by Best Companies, ranked 11th in the top 20 Best Health & Social Care Companies to work for and 14th in the Top 25 Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK.
• Competitive salary
• Car allowance of £8,000 per annum
• Generous 20% annual bonus
• Life cover
• Access to a wide range of retail and leisure discounts at big brands and supermarkets
• Free access to medical specialists, who are available for a second opinion if you need it to make a decision with confidence
• Confidential and free access to counselling and legal services
Required skills and experience:
• A full UK driving licence
• A background of working within a customer experience proposition development, project design, and implementation
• Experience in both people and budget management
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both internally and externally focused
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to be organised and prioritise workload
Role and responsibilities:
• Project plan the development and delivery of agreed initiatives around permanent and respite resident experience
• Work with key stakeholders to understand the customer needs when living in a Barchester care home
• Lead and develop the Life Enrichment Specialist team who provide in-house coaching and training for focus homes to continue to provide high quality resident experiences
• Provide regular communications to the national activities teams through the delivery of newsletters and webinars to support initiatives and engagement
• Develop partnerships for events for our in house live event programme
• Work cross functionally to test and roll out initiatives, tools, and training as appropriate
• Work with the Divisional Sales and Marketing Managers and Regional Directors to provide the required support on the ground to deliver and embed initiatives
• Work with the Learning and Development team to specify training requirements at a service level, and track the outcomes of the training as appropriate
• Measure, test, and re-appraise projects at regular intervals, including reporting on specific key performance indicators
As the only healthcare provider to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in the UK, Barchester are dedicated to ensuring that our team are respected and their contribution valued. If you are looking to develop a career with an employer that is supportive and offers progression opportunities, Barchester is an empowering and rewarding place to be.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.