Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
National, N/A, UK, National
With over 25 years’ experience, nearly 240 care homes, and six independent hospitals, Barchester is one of the UK’s foremost care providers. Our phenomenal dementia care team work tirelessly to review and support the performance of every home to achieve exceptional quality care for every resident. We have a rare opportunity for a nurse with a specialism in dementia care and a passion for excellence to join our national team as a Dementia Nurse Specialist. In this vital role, you will support our memory lane communities, as well as any other home or hospital that requires a specialist dementia intervention.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
• A competitive package, including car allowance and discretionary bonus
• The opportunity to work for a great provider with exciting growth
• Fantastic training and development opportunities
• Being part of a highly respected team
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• RN with a current NMC PIN
• Post Registration clinical experience of working with people with dementia over the last 5 years
• Evidence of continuing professional development in the field of dementia care
• Understanding of the current regulatory framework
• Understanding of ethical and legal issues surrounding dementia care
• Coaching and mentorship experience
• Full UK driving licence
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review the clinical performance of each home, identifying strategies to ensure regulatory compliance and sustainability in relation to dementia care provision
• Conduct robust quality assurance visits, and follow up with agreed action plans
• Analyse the clinical governance database to inform clinical improvement plans.
• Support the home to meet all regulatory and statutory requirements including dementia specific training
• Ensure that all residents are treated with dignity, and additional psychological and emotional support is provided where appropriate
• Adhere to the local safeguarding policy and the reporting mechanisms, following the Duty of Candour requirements
• Integrate current knowledge of dementia into practice, informed by research and other forms of evidence.
• Develop dementia care projects within homes and division, offering staff advice and encouragement
• Demonstrate professional and clinical leadership with a person centred approach
• Work with the activities and life enrichment teams to ensure engaging activities are delivered
• Support the revalidation process for qualified nurses, in line with the NMC code
• Provide professional input into strategic planning and projects to develop and enhance the work of Barchester Healthcare
• Develop close working relationships with management and support services to ensure priorities are identified and addressed
• Support senior clinical staff with investigations or complaints relating to the dementia care community
As the only healthcare provider to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in the UK, Barchester are dedicated to ensuring that our team are respected and their contribution valued. If you are looking to develop a career with an employer that is supportive and offers progression opportunities, Barchester is an empowering and rewarding place to be.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.