Emily Jackson House Care Home, Emily Jackson Close, Eardley Road, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN13 1XH
Up to £12.50 per hour
13th August 2019
10th September 2019
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you a qualified Chef looking for more of a work life balance and the opportunity to make what you do matter? Do you take pride in your role and understand that good food plays a big part in all our lives? Are you a passionate Chef who enjoys delivering person centred hospitality?
As a Head Chef in a Barchester care home, you will have the opportunity to work with fresh seasonal produce and deliver first class restaurant quality food, all whilst having a work life balance.
Barchester is the only healthcare provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for by the Best Companies b-Heard Survey.
• A personable approach with a genuine interest in the wellbeing of residents
• A good understanding of nutrition
• Experience of working with fresh seasonal food
• NVQs/SVQs or City & Guilds equivalent
• Up to date food hygiene
• Ability to create a warm and welcoming environment within our home
• Confidence engaging with residents to create appetising menus
• Strong budget and P&L skills
• A natural leader
• Strong kitchen management skills
As well as competitive pay, you can look forward to a role that offers true flexibility and plenty of free learning and development opportunities.
As this is a Bank position to provide cover as and when we need it, such as for annual leave or sick leave, the hours and days you work will vary.
If you are a passionate chef who is keen to be part of a company that centres on celebrating life and making a difference, Barchester is the place to be.