Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
Field House, Field House Drive, Off Sandford Avenue, Church Stretton, Shropshire, SY6 7AA
Are you a qualified chef looking to work with fresh seasonal food, with the opportunity to have more of a work life balance and make what you do matter?
Working as a Head Chef at Barchester, you will have the chance to deliver hotel/restaurant standards without the split shifts and long weeks. You will have full autonomy over menu development, creating nutritious, flavoursome and well balanced menus whilst working with residents to tailor menus around them. We are proud to deliver person centred hospitality across all our services and look for warm, motivated and passionate chefs who are driven by quality.
Barchester is one of the UKs leading healthcare providers, with over 224 homes and hospitals across the country. We are consistently reinvesting and growing, with several more new build homes due open and join the Barchester family. Barchester can offer long term career growth and opportunities for ambitious chefs who pride themselves on working at the highest of standards.
We are also the only healthcare provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work.
NEED TO HAVE
• A personable and warm approach with a genuine interest in the wellbeing of residents
• Hold City & Guilds/NVQ/SVQ or equivalent
• Experience in leading, motivating and inspiring a team
• A good understanding of nutrition
• Experience of working with fresh seasonal food
• The ability to create a warm and welcoming environment within our home
• Confidence engaging with residents to create appetising and nutritious menus
• Good understanding of HACCP
NEED TO DO
• Menu development- tailor menus around residents and to ensure we deliver person centred hospitality
• Work fresh produce to deliver high quality and wholesome dishes cooked at the highest quality and standards
• Create a warm, efficient and fun environment
• Work within budget
• Complete regular audits
• Manage stock control
• To lead, motivate, inspire and develop a team
• Recruitment and retention
• Work life balance - working days with alternate weekends
• Free learning and development
• Automatic enrolment into our profit share scheme
• A range of holiday, retail and leisure discounts
• Opportunity to showcase your talent at the annual Barchester Hospitality Awards
• Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme
If you are a passionate Chef who is keen to be part of a company that is driven by quality and who love to celebre life, Barchester is the place to be.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.