Hagley Place Care Home, Foldgate Lane, Ludlow, Shropshire, SY8 1LS
22nd June 2018
25th August 2019
Are you a qualified Chef looking for more of a work life balance whilst looking for an opportunity to make what you do matter?
Working as a Head Chef at Barchester Healthcare, you will have the opportunity to work with fresh seasonal produce and deliver first class restaurant quality food, all whilst having a work life balance.
Hagley Place Care Home is situated on the edge of historic Ludlow town and has panoramic views of the Shropshire Hills and surrounding countryside.
As Head Chef you will play an important role in leading the kitchen team in delivering the highest quality of food catering up to 60 covers. We like to support our chefs to be engaging with residents, to understand their likes, dislikes and favourites in order to create nutritious and delicious person centred menus.
Barchester is the only healthcare provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for by the Best Companies b-Heard Survey.
• A personable approach with a genuine interest in the wellbeing of residents
• A good understanding of nutrition
• Experience of working with fresh seasonal food
• NVQs/SVQs or City & Guilds equivalent
• Up to date food hygiene
• Ability to create a warm and welcoming environment within our home
• Confidence engaging with residents to create appetising menus
• Strong budget and P&L skills
• A natural leader
• Strong kitchen management skills
• Work life balance - working days with alternate weekends
• Free learning and development
• Automatic enrolment into our profit share scheme
• A range of holiday, retail and leisure discounts
• Opportunity to showcase your talent at the annual Barchester Hospitality Awards
• Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend bonus scheme
If you are a passionate chef who is keen to be part of a company that centres on celebrating life and making a difference, Barchester is the place to be.