Strachan House Care Home, 93 Craigcrook Road, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH4 3PE
13th January 2021
3rd February 2021
Barchester has a rare opportunity for an HR Administration Lead to join our Employee Services team in Inverness. This pivotal role will involve a variety of tasks, including ensuring that the HR service complies with best practice and legal requirements.
You and your team of HR Co-ordinators will be responsible for managing multiple HR processes, including compliance of new workers across the Barchester portfolio, benefits administration, maintaining an accurate database, and ensuring employee records are kept up to date. The team also provide HR support to the Company’s Administration function in our Care Homes and Hospitals.
We are looking for a proactive self-starter who is resolution focussed, personable, and able to act as an inspirational leader. You will regularly interact with senior stakeholders in the business, so should be confident to develop credibility at all levels within the organisation.
NEED TO HAVE:
• Good working knowledge of employment law and HR best practice specifically in respect of contractual administration, sickness management, family friendly policies
• Previous experience managing and developing a team
• Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal
• High levels of accuracy, organisation, and attention to detail
• Ability to manage and prioritise a varied and fast paced workload
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically strong in Excel and PowerPoint
• Extensive knowledge of transactional HR administration processes and the legislation that covers them
NEED TO DO:
• Lead, develop and support a team consisting of four HR Co-ordinators
• Manage the on-boarding process from job offer for circa 900, ensuring a premium experience is delivered by the team
• Ensuring thorough and timeous pre-employment checks are undertaken and that HR procedures are followed correctly
• Specifically responsible for senior management and executive contractual management
• Manage all HR administration processes throughout the employee life cycle including the effective monitoring and reporting of sickness, maternity/paternity, flexible working requests, referrals to regulatory bodies, etc.
• Deliver an effective HR induction for the Company’s Home Administrators, circa 240, with the team providing ongoing support and coaching.
• Review and update internal processes and practices and make necessary improvements
• Liaise with support functions to ensure consistent and accurate flow of communication
• Manage the effective capture of exit data and support with reporting and presentations of findings
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders providing a proactive and exceptional service
As the only healthcare provider to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in the UK, Barchester are dedicated to ensuring that our team are respected and their contribution valued. If you are looking to develop a career with an employer that is supportive and offers progression opportunities, Barchester is an empowering and rewarding place to be.