Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
National, N/A, UK, National
ABOUT THE ROLE
Barchester Healthcare is one of the UK’s foremost care providers. With over 25 years’ experience and more than 200 care homes and six independent hospitals, we’re passionate about providing care and support for elderly and vulnerable people.
At Barchester we understand the importance of connecting with our people, so our Internal Communications team work hard to ensure everyone across our multi-site business feels supported and engaged. The effective internal communications strategy implemented by the team also ensures all employees have the information they need to do their job to their best ability. We are now looking for an Intranet and Internal Communications Assistant to join the fast-paced team in our Inverness office.
Reporting directly to the Internal Communications Manager you will provide administrative and creative support in the delivery of a wide range of internal communications activities, including the Intranet. This is a varied role with two clear areas of responsibility:
1. Internal Communications responsibilities include:
• Proactively supporting the internal communications strategy of all new business initiatives
• Working collaboratively with the Internal Communications Manager to develop communications strategies
• Assisting in the preparation, roll out, and delivery of accurate and engaging content
• Undertaking analysis of historical and future internal communications activities
• Undertaking various office and other administrative tasks as required.
2. Intranet responsibilities include:
• Undertaking the preparatory work for a new Barchester intranet
• Conducting a full inventory and cleanse of the existing intranet
• Working with internal colleagues and the external supplier to design an intranet which is structurally correct for Barchester in terms of content and document management
• Providing ongoing maintenance and development of intranet pages, ensuring data/content is current and accurate.
• Writing new content and completing intranet uploads
• Providing advice and support to intranet users, including coordinating and conducting intranet inductions as and when required.
• Maintaining the intranet mailbox and responding to enquiries.
To join Barchester as our Intranet and Internal Communications Assistant, you''ll need to have excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong administration and time-management capabilities. You will be proactive, self-motivated and have a strong attention to detail and accuracy. You will also be able to demonstrate competence with standard business software including MS Office.
• Educated to at least Higher-Grade level
• Ideally University Degree level or equivalent.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer one of the best rewards packages in the care sector. Your generous benefits would include:
• Free training and development
• Contribution pension scheme
• A range of holiday, retail and leisure discounts
You’ll also have plenty of opportunity to grow your career in a large organisation with a warm and supportive environment. If you have the qualities required for this exciting role and want to work with an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.