Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
National, N/A, UK, National
With over 25 years’ experience, and more than 250 care homes and hospitals, Barchester healthcare is one of the largest care home providers in the UK. Our mission is to provide the best possible person-centred care to elderly and vulnerable people, and we’re continually growing and improving our services.
We have a rare opportunity for an IT Operations Technician to join us in a newly created position on a permanent basis. In this vital role, you will support and maintain the IT infrastructure across Barchester’s nationwide portfolio, including desktop support, system maintenance, and working with computer networks. The role will also involve working on IT infrastructure projects to support our wide-ranging digital transformation.
This is a remote position, which will require regular travel to Inverness, where our IT support team is based, as well as national travel across the UK where required.
Required experience and qualifications:
• Computer science degree
• Good understanding of TCP/IP
• Familiarity with both wired and wireless LANs, ADSL and FTTC based WAN connections
• Developing and communicating technical specifications
• Installing and troubleshooting IT equipment in a structured environment
• Full UK driving license
• Flexible for nationwide travel
Role and responsibilities:
• Installing and maintaining the Barchester IT operating environment
• Supporting IT infrastructure within our national portfolio of homes
• Monitoring the performance of computer networks and servers
• Remote management of desktop PCs and laptops, including assurance that all equipment is safe and up to date
• Working closely with software developers and procurement managers
• Provide first, second, and third line support to all IT users in the group
• Deliver infrastructure projects
• Manage firewalls within the network
• Take the lead in configuring Wi-Fi equipment, including access points, associated switches and controllers
• Provide technical advice to management on emerging technologies
• Assist with the maintenance of inventories and IT systems documentation
As the only healthcare provider to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in the UK, Barchester are dedicated to ensuring that our team are respected and their contribution valued. If you are looking to develop a career with an employer that is supportive and offers progression opportunities, Barchester is an empowering and rewarding place to be.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.