Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
National, N/A, UK, National
With over 25 years’ experience, and more than 250 care homes and hospitals, Barchester healthcare is one of the largest care home providers in the UK. Our mission is to provide the best possible person-centred care to elderly and vulnerable people, and we’re continually growing and improving our services.
We have a rare opportunity for an established IT Project Manager to join us in a newly created position on a permanent basis. We are looking for an organised, knowledgeable, and driven candidate who will manage the full lifecycle of Barchester’s IT projects on time, in budget, and at a high quality standard. You will work with the project sponsors and key stakeholders to define and deliver the project’s objectives.
This is a remote position, which will require regular travel to Inverness, where our IT support team is based.
Required experience and qualifications:
• Higher education degree or equivalent with relevant project management skills
• Good knowledge of technical infrastructure and applications delivery management projects
• Experience managing multimillion pound projects
• Strong understanding of formal project delivery methodologies and demonstrable track record for delivering successful projects
• Flexible to travel on a regular basis
Role and responsibilities:
• Lead the successful delivery of IT projects across Barchester’s portfolio
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables, with clear performance measures for success
• Produce investment case papers
• Maintain the change calendar for all planned tasks impacting services
• Identify and capture demands upon the IT department that will impact the capacity of the team to deliver
• Assist the IT Director in the prioritisation of tasks based upon a clear picture of demand
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders
• Actively manage risks within the project team and escalate as appropriate through the programme steering process
• Apply change control to all deviations from the original objectives
As the only healthcare provider to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in the UK, Barchester are dedicated to ensuring that our team are respected and their contribution valued. If you are looking to develop a career with an employer that is supportive and offers progression opportunities, Barchester is an empowering and rewarding place to be.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.