Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
Kernow House Care Centre, Landlake Road, Launceston, Cornwall, PL15 9HP
Competitive rates of pay, £500* Golden Hello, and mileage contributions are just some of the bonuses of joining Kernow House as a Care Assistant. We have an industry leading rewards package, and fantastic opportunities for progression.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Night Care Assistant at a Kernow House, you’ll help residents throughout the night by making sure they get the quality care and support they deserve. You’ll assist with daily living, providing support and companionship – and sharing great moments and memories too. Kernow House is part of our complex-care division, offering support to 84 residents with Huntington’s Disease and advanced dementia. As one of only 4 nationally recognised care centres for Huntington’s Disease, the home offers excellent learning and progression opportunities for Care Assistants to develop into Care Practitioners. Residents range in age from 30-80, so there is plenty of diversity in this role. You will support residents with physical and mental health needs, and will be trained in new techniques. We are looking for a Night Care Assistant who is passionate about promoting a high quality of care and ensuring that residents are treated with dignity and respect. In return for your dedication, we are offering a £500 Golden Hello*, competitive rates of pay, and an industry leading rewards package.
Barchester is the only healthcare provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for, so why not join us?
You’ll need to have empathy, a can-do approach and excellent communication skills to join us as a Night Care Assistant. Above all, you’ll have real compassion for all our residents in order to deliver the highest standard of care and support.
As well as a competitive salary, Barchester offers one of the best rewards packages in the care sector. Your generous benefits would include:
• A £500 Golden Hello* to welcome you to the Barchester family
• Automatic enrolment in our unique profit share scheme, where you will share in the commercial success of your care home
• Rewarding Excellence bonus, meaning you will be financially rewarded by up to £500* for a Good or Outstanding CQC inspection
• Unlimited access to our generous refer a friend scheme, earning up to £500* per referral
• Access to a wide range of retail and leisure discounts at big brands and supermarkets
• Free access to medical specialists, who are available for a second opinion if you need it to make a decision with confidence
• Confidential and free access to counselling and legal services
• Tax code review service, where we will check that you are on the right code and paying the right level of tax
• Option to join our monthly staff lottery alongside thousands of colleagues across the UK
• Contribution to mileage over 15 miles each way
If you’d like to use your people skills in an organisation where the ethos centres on celebrating life, Barchester is the place to be.
*Terms and conditions apply.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.