Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
Newington Court Care Home, Keycol Hill, Newington, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME9 7LG
Barchester Healthcare is a market leader in providing exceptional quality care to residents and patients across our rapidly expanding portfolio of 240 care homes and independent hospitals. Our Operational Trainers play a key part in ensuring the continued delivery of Good and Outstanding care, as they ensure every member of staff is confident and competent in their ability to work in a person centred and compassionate manner. Barchester’s commitment to staff engagement and development has resulted in us being the only care provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in 2019, 2020, and 2021.
Operational Trainers at Barchester provide induction and development training to circa 5 homes and/or hospitals across a specific region. As one of the initial points of contact between Barchester and a new member of staff, our Trainers should demonstrate passion for their role and the Barchester ethos. This varied position will provide the opportunity to witness the skilled progression of staff from their first day, throughout their Barchester career.
This is a home-based position that will involve travel around a specific region.
NEED TO HAVE
• C&G 7300 (or equivalent)
• Diploma level 3 in Health & Social Care or experience of working in social care sector
• Working knowledge of legislative requirements in care sector
• 2 years training experience
• Full UK driving licence
NEED TO DO
• Coordination and delivery of induction and development training against Barchester objectives and training statistics
• Provide practical, hands on training across a variety of subjects
• Plan and publish training calendars
• Ensure employee training files are up to date
• Observe workplace practice
• Arrange induction paperwork and a buddy in advance of a new employee starting
• Maintain regular contact with new team members, coaching and supporting where appropriate
• Attend meetings and conferences external to the home where required
• Promote learning and development opportunities that Barchester offer
• Work with Home Managers to ensure the implementation of individual personal development plans
• Competitive salary
• Company car, laptop, phone
• Pension contribution and life cover
If you’d like to use your coaching and people skills in an organisation that provides the quality care you’d expect for your loved ones, this is an empowering and rewarding place to be.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.