Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
Castle Care, Noddle Hill Way, Sutton, Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, HU7 4FG
ABOUT THE ROLE
A £2,000 Golden Hello* is just one of the ways we will reward you when you join Barchester's Castle Care Village as a Peripatetic Nurse. With over 25 years experience, nearly 240 care homes, and six independent hospitals, Barchester is one of the UK's foremost care providers. We currently have some of the best quality ratings of any large care home provider in the UK, and our mission is to provide the best possible person-centred care to elderly and vulnerable people.
As a Peripatetic Nurse (RGN/RMN) at Barchester, you’ll travel across your region to deliver the high clinical standards we’re known for. We’ll look to you to lead a multi-disciplinary team to make sure that on each shift, at every location, all of our residents get the highest quality care. You can expect a wide range of responsibilities, from making sure new residents are settling in, to helping advance your team members’ skills, and developing care plans that are tailored to our residents’ physical and mental needs. As a Peripatetic Nurse, you’ll have the freedom and autonomy to do things the right way – and be truly valued and respected for what you do.
To join us as a Peripatetic Nurse, you’ll need to be a Registered Nurse (RGN/RMN) with a current NMC registration and a teaching, mentoring or supervision qualification. A strong, up-to-date clinical knowledge is important, as is a good understanding of key regulatory frameworks, including the safe administration of medicines, Royal Pharmaceutical guidelines, and NMC standards. We’ll also look for a successful track record of producing care plans and detailed risk assessments. Dedicated and ambitious, you’ll be able to lead by example – your can-do approach and excellent communication skills will motivate the teams in each Barchester care home you work with.
As well as a competitive salary and £2,000 Golden Hello* Barchester offers one of the best rewards packages in the care sector. Your generous benefits would include:
• A £2000 Golden Hello* to welcome you to the Barchester family
• Automatic enrolment in our unique profit share scheme, where you will share in the commercial success of your care home
• Rewarding Excellence bonus, meaning you will be financially rewarded by up to £500* for a Good or Outstanding CQC inspection
• Unlimited access to our generous refer a friend scheme, earning up to £500* per referral
• Access to a wide range of retail and leisure discounts at big brands and supermarkets
• Free access to medical specialists, who are available for a second opinion if you need it to make a decision with confidence
• Confidential and free access to counselling and legal services
• Tax code review service, where we will check that you are on the right code and paying the right level of tax
• Option to join our monthly staff lottery alongside thousands of colleagues across the UK
• Access to the RCNi portal, with over 200 evidence-based modules which you can add to your PIN revalidation
• Opportunity to experience senior clinical leadership, professional support, and career development opportunities
*Terms and conditions apply*
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.