Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
Warrington Office, 110 Newton House, Birchwood Park, Warrington, Cheshire, WA3 6FW
As a Procurement Assistant your role is to manage the supply chain performance of all suppliers in accordance with contractual requirements. You will provide procurement support to all internal departments and all homes and hospitals in the estate, so you will need to bring excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to effectively communicate and liaise with staff, suppliers, and other relevant stakeholders. You will have well developed administrative, procurement and problem-solving skills, with a clear ability to work efficiently within a fast-paced environment. Candidates currently studying or wishing to study for membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply are encouraged to apply.
• Manage supplier product and price file updates and communicate changes internally
• Updating the intranet with product and pricing information
• Arrange and attend supplier review meetings and follow up actions to completion
• Provide regular updates on supplier performance to the supplier performance manager
• Support all homes and operational functions with ‘day to day’ supplier queries to complete resolution
• Create accounts and ordering of equipment, products and services for new developments
• Sending supplier surveys to homes and reporting on the results
• Support Procurement activity within the department
• Provide assistance to the supplier performance manager on Arcus system – SIM
• Monitor supplier compliance and provide reporting based on the results
• Manage supplier relationships and include internal stakeholders and other functions as and when required
• GCSEs or equivalent graded C or above including English Language.
• Desired experience of using finance and procurement systems, with knowledge of procurement policies and procedures including the requisition process – whilst achieving value for money when sourcing products.
• Excellent organisation skills, especially setting priorities, managing time whilst working with teams in complex organisational structures with a high degree of accuracy to detail.
• Advanced knowledge in MS Office applications, especially Excel, ideally with experience of using databases and spreadsheets to analyse accounting and procurement information.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer impressive benefits which would include: a bonus, contribution pension scheme, and free training and development. You’ll also have plenty of opportunity to grow your career in a large organisation with a warm and supportive environment.
If you’d like to use your supply chain experience and people skills in an organisation that provides the quality care you’d expect for your loved ones, this is an empowering and rewarding place to be.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.