Warrington Office, 110 Newton House, Birchwood Park, Warrington, Cheshire, WA3 6FW
£24,0000 - £26,000 per annum
30th May 2019
30th June 2019
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Procurement Assistant your role is to manage the supply chain performance of all suppliers in accordance with contractual requirements. Provide procurement support to all internal departments and all homes and hospitals in the estate. Support the Supplier Performance Manager with e-platform supplier information management. Developing skills to undertake benchmarking and tendering activity.
• Manage supplier product and price file updates and communicate changes internally
• Updating the intranet with product and pricing information
• Arrange and attend supplier review meetings and follow up actions to completion
• Provide regular updates on supplier performance to the supplier performance manager
• Support all homes and operational functions with ‘day to day’ supplier queries to complete resolution
• EHO Reports and notifications including 5 Star vouchers and supporting Hospitality team
• Create accounts and ordering of equipment, products and services for new developments
• Sending supplier surveys to homes and reporting on the results
• Support Procurement activity within the department
• Provide assistance to the supplier performance manager on Arcus system – SIM
• Monitor supplier compliance and provide reporting based on the results
• Manage supplier relationships and include internal stakeholders and other functions as and when required
To join us as Procurement Assistant, you’ll have comprehensive understanding of key supply chains categories, and it’ll be very beneficial if it’s within a healthcare environment. Previous experience of working in a food based supply chain role and/or customer service role is also beneficial. As well as excellent knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel), we’ll look for strong interpersonal skills that help you to build positive, strong and effective relationships across a wide client base. You’ll be an enthusiastic individual with good negotiation skills, a strong work ethic and an ability meet deadlines under pressure.
As well as a competitive salary, we offer impressive benefits which would include: a bonus, contribution pension scheme, and free training and development. You’ll also have plenty of opportunity to grow your career in a large organisation with a warm and supportive environment.
If you’d like to use your supply chain experience and people skills in an organisation that provides the quality care you’d expect for your loved ones, this is an empowering and rewarding place to be.