Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
Hawthorns Care Centre, O'Neill Drive, North Blunts, Peterlee, Co Durham, SR8 5UP
With over 25 years’ experience, nearly 240 care homes, and six independent hospitals, Barchester is one of the UK’s foremost care providers. We currently have some of the best quality ratings of any large care home provider in the UK, but we’re not stopping there: our mission is to provide the best possible person-centred care to elderly and vulnerable people, so we’re growing and improving our services.
Hawthorns Care Centre have a unique opportunity for a Psychologist to join our phenomenal team. Hawthorns Care Home is a modern, purpose-built home set in a peaceful residential area of Peterlee. We provide excellent 24-hour nursing care for older people, alongside expert care for those living with dementia in our dedicated Memory Lane Community. We also offer a neurological rehabilitation service for younger adults and cater for respite stays and short breaks.
Our Memory Lane Community is visited regularly by a consultant psychiatrist and our neurological rehabilitation unit has a regular visit from a consultant neurologist, a team of physiotherapists and occupational therapists, in addition to our nursing, activities, support and hospitality teams.
Need to have
• Degree in Psychology
• Registration with the HPC
• Appropriate range of post graduate clinical education
Need to do
• To provide assessment and treatment of residents that require rehabilitation and support other psychological programmes of care.
• To assess the resident’s capacity, gain valid consent to treatment and where such capacity is lacking/absent to work within a legal framework.
• Contribute to the individualized person centered care planning process of each resident and recording appropriate interactions and observations.
• Complete all regulatory and statutory training requirements and comply with company policy and procedures.
• Participate in the formal audit process and research opportunities at the request of the Head of Therapy or General Manager.
• To be professionally and legally accountable for a designated caseload and to decide priorities for your own work area. As well as balancing other resident related and professional demands.
• To provide spontaneous and planned advice, teaching and instructing carers, relatives and other disciplines and agencies to promote understanding of the aims of psychology and to ensure continuation of the treatment programme.
• To participate in multi-disciplinary team meetings and case reviews to support the co-ordination of resident care. This may include the review of resident progress and discharge planning.
• To undergo training relevant to the development of the role and practice within their level of competence in line with their professional body.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.