Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
Barchester Manchester, M1 1AN
Do your New Year resolutions include securing a new role with one of the UK’s foremost care providers?
With over 25 years’ experience, nearly 240 care homes, and six independent hospitals, Barchester healthcare currently have some of the best quality ratings of any large care home provider in the UK. But we’re not stopping there: our mission is to provide the best possible person-centred care to elderly and vulnerable people, so we’re growing and improving our services.
We have some exciting new opportunities across the UK for experienced Quality Improvement and Regulation Managers to join our vibrant and high performing national team. This critical role is vital to Barchester’s ethos of Quality First. Our Quality Improvement and Regulation Managers work tirelessly to ensure a consistently high standard of care is delivered to our residents and patients. In this varied role, you will look at all aspects of our homes and hospitals, identifying both areas for improvement and areas of excellence. We are looking for someone who is absolutely passionate about driving quality improvement, focused on the detail, with strong coaching abilities, and exceptional communications skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER:
• A competitive package, including car allowance and discretionary bonus
• The opportunity to work for a great provider with exciting growth
• Fantastic training and development opportunities
• Being part of a highly respected team
• Internal audit experience in the adult social care sector
• Working knowledge of regulation and inspection frameworks
• A passion for driving quality in our services
• A supportive and encouraging approach to guide our Managers and Hospital Directors to achieve excellence in their care of residents and patients
• Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining quality and attention to detail
• Full UK driving licence and ability to travel as required
• Conduct a busy schedule of Quality Improvement Reviews and support visits across a geographic region and at times elsewhere in the country.
• Provide corporate assurance that improvement actions are identified and subsequent action plans are put in place.
• Support General Managers and Hospital Directors to ensure service improvement is implemented and embedded in a sustainable manner.
• Lead on our regulatory duty desk on rotation to support our Managers and Hospital Directors to provide appropriate, robust responses to regulators and other stakeholders
• Provide advice, guidance, training, and support to our operational managers on a range of regulatory matters across all 4 regulatory jurisdictions
• Support services to achieve and maintain Good or Outstanding ratings with CQC (or country specific equivalent)
• Keep up to date and knowledgeable on regulations in all 4 regulatory jurisdictions
As the only healthcare provider to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in the UK, Barchester are dedicated to ensuring that our team are respected and their contribution valued. If you are looking to develop a career with an employer that is supportive and offers progression opportunities, Barchester is an empowering and rewarding place to be.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.