4th March 2019
1st April 2019
ABOUT THE ROLE
Barchester Healthcare is one of the UK’s foremost care providers. With over 30 years’ experience and more than 200 care homes and six independent hospitals, we’re passionate about providing care and support for elderly and vulnerable people.
The Barchester Recruitment Team is fundamental in supporting our care homes and hospitals to recruit the best permanent staff to provide the highest quality of care for our residents and patients. We are now looking for a Recruiter to join our team to support the vacancies in our care homes across the South of England.
Being a Recruiter at Barchester is an exciting and dynamic role. You’ll have the opportunity to develop excellent working relationships with key stakeholders within our business to ensure you meet the demands of a market leading healthcare provider. As you would expect, this is a fast-paced role so you will need to be passionate about meeting the demands of attracting quality candidates and promoting Barchester as an employer of choice.
The role of a Barchester Recruiter is varied and duties include:
• Proactively filling vacancies for your allocated division
• Proactively building and managing relationships with key stakeholders and hiring managers to understand recruitment needs
• Finding quality candidates through direct sourcing via social media and other on-line tools
• Ensuring all applicants receive a flawless candidate experience
• Screening candidates against job descriptions and person specification
• Reducing the need to use third party agencies and the associated costs
• Ensuring recruitment objectives are achieved through KPIs, conducting regular regional reviews and providing strategic updates to the senior management team
• Attending relevant recruitment events, conferences and best practice talks
• Building personal networks to ensure candidate pools for future opportunities
• Sharing new and innovative methods of candidate attraction knowledge with the Recruitment Team, with the long term goal of building a talent pool.
To join Barchester as a Recruiter, you’ll need previous recruitment experience from either an agency or in-house team, ideally within the Healthcare Sector. You will be proactive, self-motivated and able to work confidently on you own or within a team. The ability to prioritise your workload and manage multiple tasks, whilst also engaging with candidates and colleagues at various levels on a daily basis, is essential. This is a demanding role so you must be able to work well under pressure and solve problems independently.
If you join us, you can have a real impact on Barchester’s progress; this incredibly rewarding role is instrumental to our growth and success. As well as a competitive salary, we offer one of the best rewards packages in the care sector. Your generous benefits would include:
• Contribution pension scheme
• Laptop and mobile phone
• 25 days annual leave plus public holidays
• A range of holiday, retail and leisure discounts
You’ll also have plenty of opportunity to grow your career in a large organisation with a warm and supportive environment. If you have the qualities required for this exciting role and want to work with an organisation that provides the type of care you’d expect for your loved ones, we would welcome your application.