Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
Briardene, West Avenue, Billingham, Cleveland, TS23 1DA
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Registered Nurse (Mental Health) at a Barchester care home, you’ll use your compassion and experience to help deliver the exceptional levels of care and support we’re known for. We’ll look to you to provide our multi-disciplinary team with in-depth expertise on mental health to make sure our residents get the most out of life. You’ll ensure each person’s needs are met and that they’re always treated with dignity and respect. You can expect a wide range of responsibilities, from making sure a new resident is settling in and developing tailored care plans to carrying out a variety of clinical tasks. As a Registered Nurse specialising in mental health, you can enjoy the freedom and autonomy you need to make a real difference. In return, we’ll give you plenty of opportunities for training and career development.
To join us as a Registered Nurse (RMN), you’ll need to have current NMC registration and a good knowledge of the most up-to-date clinical practices, particularly in relation to dementia. Experience of producing well-developed care plans and detailed risk assessments is important, as is an understanding of regulatory frameworks, including DoLs/MCA and Royal Pharmaceutical guidelines. Dedicated and compassionate, you’ll pride yourself on your person-centred, thoughtful approach to nursing.
• Automatic enrolment in our unique profit share scheme, where you will share in the commercial success of your care home
• Rewarding Excellence bonus, meaning you will be financially rewarded by up to £500* for a Good or Outstanding CQC inspection
• Unlimited access to our generous refer a friend scheme, earning up to £500* per referral
• Access to a wide range of retail and leisure discounts at big brands and supermarkets
• Free access to medical specialists, who are available for a second opinion if you need it to make a decision with confidence
• Confidential and free access to counselling and legal services
• Tax code review service, where we will check that you are on the right code and paying the right level of tax
• Option to join our monthly staff lottery alongside thousands of colleagues across the UK
• Access to the RCNi portal, with over 200 evidence-based modules which you can add to your PIN revalidation
• Opportunity to experience senior clinical leadership, professional support, and career development opportunities
*Terms & conditions apply
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.