Badgeworth Court Care Centre, Badgeworth, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 4UL
Up to £9.50 per hour
14th January 2020
12th February 2020
ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you a qualified Chef looking for more of a work life balance and the opportunity to make what you do matter? Do you take pride in your role and understand that good food plays a big part in all our lives? Are you a passionate Chef who enjoys delivering person centred hospitality?
As a Second Chef in a Barchester care home, you will have the opportunity to work with fresh seasonal produce and deliver first class restaurant quality food, all whilst having a work life balance.
Barchester is the only healthcare provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for by the Best Companies b-Heard Survey.
• A personable approach with a genuine interest in the wellbeing of residents
• A good understanding of nutrition
• Experience of working with fresh seasonal food
• NVQ/SVQ level 2/3 or City & Guilds equivalent
• Basic food hygiene
• Ability to create a warm and welcoming environment within our home
• Confidence engaging with residents to create appetising menus
• Experience supporting a Head Chef to manage all aspects of the kitchen, including controlling the budget and leading the catering team.
As well as competitive pay, you can look forward to a role that offers true flexibility and plenty of free learning and development opportunities.
As this is a Bank position to provide cover as and when we need it, such as for annual leave or sick leave, the hours and days you work will vary.
If you are a passionate 2nd chef who is keen to be part of a company that centres on celebrating life and making a difference, Barchester is the place to be.