Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
Hyacinth House Care Home, 179-181 Wimborne Road West, Wimborne, BH21 2DJ
Hyacinth House is one of Barchester’s newest care homes due to open. Great opportunity to build a new team, work in a brand new state of the art kitchen with all the mod cons. With over 25 years’ experience, nearly 240 care homes, and six independent hospitals, Barchester is one of the UK’s biggest premium care providers. We are also leading one of the fastest growing new build programmes aiming to open 10 brand new purpose-built homes per year.
Are you a qualified Chef looking to work with fresh seasonal food, with the opportunity to have more of a work life balance and make what you do matter?
Working as a Second Chef at Barchester, you will have the chance to deliver hotel/restaurant standards without the split shifts and long weeks. You will assist the Head Chef in creating nutritious, flavoursome and well balanced menus whilst working with residents to tailor menus around them. We are proud to deliver person centred hospitality across all our services and look for warm, motivated and passionate chefs who are driven by quality.
Here at Barchester, we work with an open, honest, supportive approach, where quality of care is at the heart of everything we do. As sector leading healthcare experts, we are proud to have the highest quality ratings across our 224 homes and hospitals across the UK.
Barchester have proudly been awarded a two-star outstanding rating by Best Companies, ranked 11th in the top 20 Best Health & Social Care Companies to work for and 14th in the Top 25 Best Big Companies to Work For in the UK.
NEED TO HAVE
• A personable and warm approach with a genuine interest in the wellbeing of residents
• Hold City & Guilds/NVQ/SVQ or equivalent
• A good understanding of nutrition
• Experience of working with fresh seasonal food
• The ability to create a warm and welcoming environment within our home
• Confidence engaging with residents to create appetising and nutritious menus
• Good understanding of HACCP
NEED TO DO
• Manage the kitchen in the Head Chef’s absence
• Assist Head Chef in menu development
• Work with fresh produce to deliver high quality and wholesome dishes cooked at the highest quality and standards
• Create a warm, efficient and fun environment
• Work within budget
• Complete regular audits
• Manage stock control
• Rewarding Excellence bonus, meaning you will be financially rewarded by up to £500* for a Good or Outstanding CQC inspection
• Unlimited access to our generous refer a friend scheme, earning up to £500* per referral
• Access to a wide range of retail and leisure discounts at big brands and supermarkets
• Free access to medical specialists, who are available for a second opinion if you need it to make a decision with confidence
• Confidential and free access to counselling and legal services
• Tax code review service, where we will check that you are on the right code and paying the right level of tax
• Option to join our monthly staff lottery alongside thousands of colleagues across the UK
*Terms & conditions apply
If you are a passionate Chef who is keen to be part of a company that is driven by quality and who love to celebre life, Barchester is the place to be.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.