Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
Central Division Head Office, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV31 1DU
Are you an experienced Senior HR professional looking for a dynamic new role? As the only care provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in 2019, 2020, and 2021, our expanding HR department are fundamental in ensuring that we are market leaders in employee experience. We have an established team of HR Business Partners and are looking for a senior candidate to join us. Our existing team will guide your first months with Barchester to ensure that you are providing the best possible service to our Care Home Managers. This varied position will allow you to engage with multiple and unique aspects of HR activity, demonstrate a strategic understanding of employee relations law, and put into practice your commercial acumen, all to ensure the delivery of an outstanding operational service. This position will include line management of a team of HR Co-ordinators. You will be based at home, with travel to our care homes, as well as occasionally to our support office in Inverness.
NEED TO HAVE
• CIPD qualification (or equivalent)
• Demonstrable experience as an HR generalist
• Business exposure in a fast paced work environment with multiple complex requirements
• Excellent communication skills
• Some experience opening a new service would be desirable
NEED TO KNOW
• Understanding of employment law and ability to explain this clearly
• How decisions taken will commercially impact the business
NEED TO DO
• Support care homes across the UK with a range of employee services
• Line manage a team of HR Co-ordinators
• Travel to homes across the UK 8-10 days per month
• Maintain up to date knowledge of employment legislation
• Provide sound ER advice to Home Managers with an understanding of the wider impact
• Identify high-risk HR cases and support throughout process to ensure employees are treated fairly and ethically, whilst minimising the risk to Barchester
• Advise and support throughout disciplinary and dismissal procedures
• Support Home Managers to reduce staff sickness and turnover
• Attend management meetings and reviews within the region
If you are looking to develop a career with an employer that is supportive and offers progression opportunities, Barchester is an empowering and rewarding place to be.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.