Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
National, N/A, UK, National
Barchester’s recruitment team are expanding, and we are looking to appoint a Senior Recruiter to join us. In this unique role, you will identify focus care homes to support who may be struggling with their recruitment, retention, or agency use, providing an in depth analysis of the challenges they face, developing an action plan to move forward, and ultimately recruit into care and nursing vacancies. We are looking for an experienced and intelligent recruiter with a strategic mind, who is solution-driven, able to communicate with recruiters and our operational partners, and who is focused on delivering results in the best interest of our residents.
This is a home-based position, with frequent travel across the UK.
• 12 months recruitment experience in the care sector
• Full UK driving licence and access to a car (preferred)
• Exceptional communication and organisation skills
• Demonstrable experience in developing a recruitment strategy
Role and responsibilities:
• Liaise with home managers, divisional directors, and administrators to understand each home’s recruitment challenges
• Where appropriate, visit care homes to develop a deep understanding of the culture
• Develop a detailed plan to support focus homes to recruit into vacant hours
• Develop understanding of Barchester’s USPs and promote these in all aspects of the role
• Ensure vacancies are advertised where appropriate
• Report vacancy figures to Recruitment Manager
• Resource nurses and carers using a variety of tools and methods
• Screen candidates with enthusiasm to assess their suitability for each position
• Support candidates and home administrators throughout the pre and post-offer process to minimise withdrawals
• Contact new starters throughout their first 3 months to support retention
Benefits and rewards:
• Competitive salary
• Industry leading commission structure
• Access to a range of retail and leisure discounts
As the only care provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in 2019, 2020, and 2021, we are market leaders in employee experience and have the most impressive product in the sector. If you are looking to develop a career with an employer that is supportive and offers progression opportunities, Barchester is an empowering and rewarding place to be.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.