Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
Badgeworth Court Care Centre, Badgeworth, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 4UL
Barchester’s operational finance team have a new opportunity for a Senior Regional Administrator to join us on a permanent basis. In this vital role, you will provide support and guidance to care home and hospital Administrators and Managers, as well as other support services in the business. You will ensure services are compliant with financial and administrative policies, as well as provide hands-on support to homes and hospitals where needed.
• Competitive salary of £33,000 per annum
• Generous car allowance of £6,000 per annum
• Annual bonus
Required experience and qualifications:
• GCSEs in maths and English
• IT Literacy including Word and Excel
• Experience in change management
• Ability to write reports professionally based on facts
• Previous experience within the private sector healthcare and billing complexities
• Ability to take on multiple homes/hospitals and manage them effectively
Role and responsibilities:
• Step into a home or hospital administrators position where there is no one in post, supporting with recruitment, appraisals, training paperwork, payroll, purchasing, and admissions.
• Issue invoices and statements for individuals, ICBs, and local authorities.
• Assist with direct debit and drive reduction in aged debt.
• Assist with new resident enquiries.
• Monitor and where required complete payrolls within the region to ensure it is completed accurately and on time.
• Provide training to administrators and managers around fee rates, occupancy reconciliations, bank reconciliations, and management accounts.
• Review admissions and discharges across the region.
• Visit homes and hospitals regularly to conduct assurance visits.
• Support with the induction and training of new administrators across the region.
• Ensure administrators and managers are able to understand and interpret Barchester’s internal tools and systems.
• Deliver continual training sessions to administrators.
• Develop a culture of strong performance management.
• Develop and maintain close working relationships with Regional and Divisional Directors.
As the only care provider in the UK to be accredited as one of the best companies to work for in 2019, 2020, and 2021, we are market leaders in employee experience and have the most impressive product in the sector. If you are looking to develop a career with an employer that is supportive and offers progression opportunities, Barchester is an empowering and rewarding place to be.
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.