Discover your career at Barchester
Discover your career at Barchester
Windermere House Independent Hospital, Birkdale Way, Newbridge Road, Hull, East Riding, HU9 2BH
Competitive rates of pay, £2000* Golden Hello, and mileage contributions are just some of the bonuses of joining Windermere House as a Registered Nurse. We have an industry leading rewards package, and fantastic opportunities for progression.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Staff Nurse (RMN) at a Barchester independent mental health hospital, you’ll provide and supervise the quality mental health nursing care our patients deserve. We’ll look to you to create a safe and supportive environment where our patients are always treated with dignity and respect. Our patients can be adults of any age who have diverse and complex needs due to mental health issues, brain injuries, or dementia. You’ll help improve their quality of life by developing care plans that meet their psychological, physical and social needs. As a Staff Nurse, you’ll have a personally-tailored development programme, and most importantly, the satisfaction of knowing you’re making a real difference to our patients’ lives.
You’ll need to be an experienced Registered Nurse (RMN) with a current NMC registration to join us as a Staff Nurse. Experience of producing well-developed care plans is important, as is undertaking risk assessments and clinical team working. We’ll also look for an up-to-date knowledge of clinical practices and a strong understanding of CQC and regulatory requirements, including DoLs/MCA and Royal Pharmaceutical guidelines. Ideally, you’ll have a teaching or mentoring qualification with experience of supporting newly qualified nurses. A dedicated and ambitious individual, you’ll be able to develop your career in our supportive and fulfilling environment.
As well as a competitive salary, Barchester offers one of the best rewards packages in the care sector. Your generous benefits would include:
• A £2000 Golden Hello* to welcome you to the Barchester family
• Automatic enrolment in our unique profit share scheme, where you will share in the commercial success of your care home
• Rewarding Excellence bonus, meaning you will be financially rewarded by up to £500* for a Good or Outstanding CQC inspection
• Unlimited access to our generous refer a friend scheme, earning up to £500* per referral
• Access to a wide range of retail and leisure discounts at big brands and supermarkets
• Free access to medical specialists, who are available for a second opinion if you need it to make a decision with confidence
• Confidential and free access to counselling and legal services
• Tax code review service, where we will check that you are on the right code and paying the right level of tax
• Option to join our monthly staff lottery alongside thousands of colleagues across the UK
• Access to the RCNi portal, with over 200 evidence-based modules which you can add to your PIN revalidation
• Opportunity to experience senior clinical leadership, professional support, and career development opportunities
*Terms & conditions apply
We recognise that you and your role is pivotal in shaping the future of our organisation. That’s why in return for your dedication, you’ll receive a competitive salary plus our sector-leading benefits and rewards package. Take a look at how we’re committed to rewarding your amazing work and commitment when you join us.
We’re proud to have over 240 care homes and six independent hospitals nationwide, that continually meet and exceed all relevant regulatory compliance standards. Join one of our fantastic teams and you’ll make sure our residents and patients get the outstanding quality of care, support, services and facilities they deserve.
We recognise and celebrate difference and pride ourselves on creating an inclusive environment for all. Whoever you are, we want you to be yourself, always. This enables greater diversity across the entire organisation for the benefit of our workforce and also the people we celebrate life with in our homes and hospitals. Barchester is proud to be an equal opportunities organisation.